Ceremony I: Tuesday, May 14, 2024
For Masters and Doctoral Grads from the departments of Counseling & Clinical Psychology and Human Development.
You are all set if you know this:
8:30 a.m. (sharp) Graduate arrivals @ 175th & Broadway
9:00 a.m. Guest arrivals
9:45 a.m. Processions begin
10:00 a.m. Ceremony begins
12:00 noon Ceremony concludes (expected)
Before you leave home...
- Make sure you have your ironed academic attire.
- Consider your footwear! Super high heels are not recommended because there will be times where grads will be standing for a period of time backstage and there are stairs on and off the stage.
- Leave any boxes, bags, purses, flowers at home or with your guests. You will not be permitted to process with any of these items. A small bag worn under your robe is permitted.
- Encourage your guests to bring as little as possible to the Theatres in order to speed the entrance process for all guests
If you would like to know more:
- Graduates arrive at United Palace Theater wearing academic attire.
- Enter the Theater under the main marquee
Grads are only doing 4 things when they arrive at the United Palace:
- Pick up name card in the lobby; grads are able to make changes to their name card if desired
- Assemble with their department (not program). Grads will not line up alphabetically or by program so plan to arrive with your friends.
- Hear instructions about the processions and ceremony
- Process with their friends in front of or behind them
- Guests arrive at United Palace Theater
- Guests walk through metal detectors and bag check - travel light!
- Graduate procession begins
- Masters graduates are seated in the center of the orchestra
- Doctoral graduates are seated on stage
- Any guests not seated will be held in the lobby until the processions have concluded (10:00 a.m. approximately)
- Program begins
- During the program, each Masters graduate will walk across the stage as their name is read.
- Doctoral graduates will be hooded on stage.
- A professional photographer will capture all these moments.
During the Ceremony
- The first half of the program will consist of speeches by the President of the College, the recipient of the Medal for Distinguished Service, and the Student Speaker. There will also be a musical performance.
- The second half of the ceremony is when the individual graduate recognition takes place. Masters grads walk across the stage as their names are read and Doctoral grads are hooded on stage.
- For information about how your (grad)child(ren) can walk across the stage with you, please click here.
If you would like to know even more…
Please watch last year’s ceremony video!