You’re All Set If You Know This
All students planning to attend Convocation must register for electronic tickets via the Convocation website. It is the grads responsibility to register for tickets within the registration period. Once the first registration closes, extra tickets will be offered through a lottery.
- Each eligible grad can register for up to 5 tickets in the first offering
- Grads may be able to secure additional tickets through the lottery process. Lottery tickets are not guaranteed.
- Registration opens on Wednesday, April 3, 2024 @ 12:00 noon.
- Registration closes on Friday, April 19, 2024 @ 5:00 p.m.
- If there are extra tickets available, they will be made available beginning on Tuesday, April 23, 2024 at 12:00 noon and will remain available until all tickets are claimed.
- Tickets are only required for guests, graduates do not need a ticket.
- Grads must register for tickets through the Convocation website
- You will need to know your T number in order to register for tickets
- Immediately after you press the submit button you will receive your tickets from bolotos.com via email. If you do not receive your tickets immediately, please email email@example.com.
If You Want to Know More
- Tickets are electronic and will be made available through bolotos.com
- Once you receive your tickets, you can forward the email to your guests and they can either print them out to be scanned at the United Palace or, the ticket bar code and be scanned from their device.
- Children who are young enough to sit on lap do not need a ticket.
Ticket Lottery Overview
- If there are unclaimed tickets they will be made available by lottery on a first-come, first-served basis by ceremony.
- Students can request 1 ticket at a time during the lottery period.
- Tickets will be continually offered via lottery until all are claimed. All tickets are electronic and will be received at the time of registration via email from bolotes.com
- An important note: lottery tickets are not guaranteed and are only available if there are unused tickets in a particular ceremony.
Special Notice: Teachers College Ticket Policy
Teachers College Convocation is a free event, and tickets, which are made available at no cost, are NOT to be advertised to be either purchased or sold.
Attending Diversity & First Generation Celebration for Families
- All eligible grads will receive an invitation to attend the Diversity & First Generation Celebration for Families (scheduled for 5/16/24) on Wednesday, April 24, 2024.
- You will be able to register for up to 4 guests.
- Tickets are not required for entry, however, pre-registration is.
- Guests will be asked to check in at the registration desk upon arrival at Cowin Auditorium.
Convocation vs. Commencement
- You must register for Convocation tickets AND CU’s All-University Commencement tickets. These are 2 separate processes.
- You will receive a maximum of 2 tickets to Commencement.
Columbia University Ticket Policy
The selling or buying of University Commencement tickets is strictly prohibited. Please be cautious of offers to sell or buy Commencement tickets. Tickets hold no official resale value and may be an unauthorized copy, therefore deemed unusable and denied on University Commencement day. Commencement tickets are solely for the purpose of allowing the friends and relatives of graduating students to attend the ceremony. All unwanted tickets should be returned to the respective school if a graduate or guest(s) no longer plan to attend University Commencement.